The Build a Modern Display Cabinet class takes inspiration from George Walton’s iconic Holland Cabinet, which takes its name from his Holland Street residence. George designed this cabinet after being inspired by shop facades in London.
Modern Display Cabinet
From the “X” stretcher to the curved doors this cabinet this project is both elegant and minimalistic at the same time. The perfect balance of visual lightness combined with ample storage/display area.
Some of the skills learned in the Modern Display Cabinet class are:
- Making curved doors with mullions
- Frame-and-panel construction
- How to make a cross-stretcher
Materials and hardware are not included in the class fee. Lumber for this project may be purchased through me or on your own and shipped to our shop at least four weeks prior to the class.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Bench chisels
- Carvers mallet
- Dovetail saw
- Marking gauge
- Smooth plane or jack plane
- Block plane
- Tape measure or folding rule. If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- May 22 – 26, 2023
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks, and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 3 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.