Looking to kick up your flat, square pieces? Why not add some Carved Elements?
Adding flame finials to the top of a piece or a carved fan to a drawer front can turn a good piece of furniture into something spectacular. Geared towards intermediate level carvers, Carved Elements adds a level of complexity to challenge you in the shop.
Some of the skills learned in the Carved Elements class are:
- Corkscrew flame finial layout
- How to read grain direction in 3D
- Creating concave carved fans
Materials are included in the class fee. You are welcome to bring along a finial blank or drawer front for a project to be carved in class. This class compliments the Connecticut Highboy class perfectly (and you get a discount if you take both!).
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection;
- Combination or machinist square;
- Bevel gauge; bench chisels;
- Carvers mallet; dovetail saw;
- Marking gauge;
- Smooth plane or jack plane;
- Block plane;
- Tape measure or folding rule.
- For this class, you may also want to bring along any carving tools you may own.
If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- August 19 – 23, 2019
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 6 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.
Buy both this class and the Connecticut Highboy class and receive a discount on both classes*!
*Limited time offer – ends 12/31/18
There are no reviews yet.