Whether you’re new to sliding table saws or a seasoned pro, Sliding Table Saw Basics will bring you up to speed and help you get more out of your saw. You’ll learn basic setup, calibration, and usage for a table saw with an emphasis on safety.
Sliding Table Saw Basics
Sliding table saws do everything a fixed table saw does only better and safer. In this class, we’ll explore the differences between a sliding saw and a non-sliding saw and why a slider makes the most sense for nearly every type of woodworker. Take your saw’s precision and safety to new levels with Sliding Table Saw Basics.
Some of the skills learned in the Sliding Table Saw Basics class are:
- How to set up and calibrate the slider for perfect cuts
- How to operate any table saw safely
- Changing the mindset from a fixed table cabinet saw to a slider
- Using a sliding saw to process rough materials
Materials are included in the class fee.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Tape measure or folding rule.
If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- October 03 – 04, 2019
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks, and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 6 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.