Learn how to Make a Cabriole Leg in this interactive-online class. We’ll start this three-hour class with a lesson on designing cabriole legs, then I’ll coach you through designing your own. We’ll then work through making a pad-foot cabriole leg.
This is an interactive, virtual class. Learn to Make a Cabriole Leg from the comfort of your own shop!
Cabriole legs are the epitome of 18th Century furniture. Making them is much easier than it looks. And in this three-hour class, you’ll go from design to cabriole leg.
Some of the skills covered in this class are:
- How to layout a cabriole leg
- Turning a pad foot
- Methods for sawing cabriole legs
- Shaping with edged tools, files, and rasps
This course will take place on Sunday, January 31, 2021, from 9:00 am EST until approximately noon.
I’ll open the virtual shop at 8:00 am EST in order to ensure everyone has their technology (internet connection, camera, and mic) set up properly. I’ll start design lessons at 9:00 am EST. More specific details about the schedule are outlined in the class-confirmation email that immediately follows your successful registration.
For this class you’ll need:
- An internet connection in your shop (phones work, but broadband wifi is better, hard-wired ethernet is best)
- A webcam or cell phone with video/audio capabilities
- A tripod or method of holding and aiming your camera while keeping it steady
- A power supply for your camera that can last the entire class
You’ll also need the following.
Each student must supply his, or her, own: safety glasses and hearing protection; combination or machinist square; bevel gauge; bench chisels; carvers mallet; dovetail saw; marking gauge; smooth plane or jack plane; block plane; spokeshaves; a tape measure or folding rule; a bandsaw; lathe; and leg and pattern materials.
This course is limited in size to a maximum of 8 students.
If this course sells out, please call or email to be placed on the waiting list.
There are no reviews yet.