Furniture from the Arts and Crafts period, like this Stickley Lamp Table, are both stylish and functional. Traditionally, furniture of this period was made in quarter-sawn oak, but this project would look great in just about any wood.
Stickley Lamp Table
While the original upon which this adaptation is modeled is approximately 24″ in diameter and 28″ tall, your project can be altered to suit your needs. If you want to make the top 36″ in diameter, we’ll scale the project to match. The beauty of making a project of this kind in such a small class is room for customization.
Some of the skills learned in the Stickley Lamp Table class are:
- Project Design
- How to accurately make a circular top
- Through mortise-and-tenon joinery
Each student should supply his or her own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Bench chisels
- Carvers mallet
- Dovetail saw
- Marking gauge
- Smooth plane or jack plane
- Block plane
- Tape measure or folding rule
- Table Saw
- Mortiser or router with a plunge base
If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, we’ll make do with the tools you have.
Four Weekly Session
- January 21, 2021, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- January 28, 2021, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- February 04, 2021, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- February 11, 2021, 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm EST
The class is limited to a maximum of 8 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.
There are no reviews yet.