The five-day Spice Box course hones your woodworking skills like no other project. Are you up to the challenge?
The spice box offers unique challenges to the intermediate woodworker. From case construction to hanging a door (if you decide to include one) and dovetailing a large number of drawers, this project puts your skills to the test. We’ll begin the week by creating a uniquely designed spice box just for you.
The best part of spice boxes is the secret compartments, right? We can design yours with several if you like.
Some of the skills learned in the Spice Box class are:
- How to incorporate secret compartments into your woodworking projects
- How to break down a complex project into easy-to-accomplish smaller steps
- How to make straight-bracket, ogee, or ball feet
- Matching figure in wood to provide the best possible look for your project
Materials are not included in the class fee. Lumber for this project may be purchased through me or on your own and shipped to our shop at least four weeks prior to the class. Please contact us for pricing or a materials list (for registered students only).
Hardware for this project may be purchased through one of the vendors on the resources page.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Bench chisels
- Carvers mallet
- Dovetail saw
- Marking gauge
- Smooth plane or jack plane
- Block plane
- Tape measure or folding rule.
If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- April 25 – 29, 2022
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks, and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 3 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.