The turret-top tea table is a regional rarity, in American 18th-century furniture, it is only found in Boston. Spend five days in the shop creating this Massachusetts masterpiece.
Turret-top Tea Table
Building a turret-top tea table isn’t for the faint of heart, it’s an aggressive project for just about any woodworker. In this 5-day class, we’ll break down the project into multiple small, achievable processes that guarantee you’ll build a masterpiece.
Some of the skills learned in the Turret-top Tea Table class are:
- Turning “identical” furniture parts
- Making curved moldings that parallel other parts
Materials and hardware are not included in the class fee. Lumber for this project may be purchased through me or on your own and shipped to our shop at least four weeks prior to the class.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Bench chisels
- Carvers mallet
- Dovetail saw
- Marking gauge
- Smooth plane or jack plane
- Block plane
- Tape measure or folding rule. If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- July 24 – 28, 2023
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks, and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 3 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.