When it comes to sliding table saws there are a few essential jigs you need in order to take advantage of the saw’s capabilities. In this class, you’ll not only learn how to make these jigs but also how to use them.
Essential Table Saw Jigs
By making multi-purpose jigs for your sliding table saw you can dramatically increase the safety of the machine. Using the slider for most operations dramatically reduces the risk of kickback and danger to your fingers.
Some of the skills learned in the Essential Table Saw Jigs class are:
- How to make and use a parallel rip jig
- Build and use a tapering jig
- Make a versatile joinery jig
- How jigs dramatically increase the safety of your saw
Materials are included in the class fee. Each student goes home with several essential jigs that can easily adapt to their saw.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Bench chisels
- Mallet/hammer or other striking device
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Tape measure or folding rule
- Marking knife and/or pencils
If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- September 16 – 18, 2020
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks, and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 6 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.