The Danish Modern stool class allows you to create a modern masterpiece in just five days. Copied from an original 1955 Hans Wegner design, this stool includes through mortise-and-tenon joinery and sculpted handles.
Danish Modern Stool
You can recreate this stool exactly, or get creative, and adapt the design to your own taste. Spend a week expanding your woodworking skills and making a stylish project.
Some of the skills learned in the Danish Modern stool class are:
- Round through mortise-and-tenon joinery
- How to make sculpted and shaped parts
- Turn matching legs on the lathe
Materials are not included in the class fee. Lumber for this project may be purchased through us or on your own and shipped to our shop at least four weeks prior to the class.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge; bench chisels
- Carvers mallet
- Dovetail saw
- Marking gauge
- Smooth plane or jack plane
- Block plane
- Tape measure or folding rule
- Spokeshaves and draw knife
If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- October 18 – 22, 2021
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 3 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.