The Newport corner chair often called a roundabout chair, is a project that will challenge even the most experienced woodworker. From its pierced back splats to the elegant ball and claw feet, every aspect of this project speaks of its elegance and sophistication.
Newport Corner Chair
Building a turret-top tea table isn’t for the faint of heart, it’s an aggressive project for just about any woodworker. In this 5-day class, we’ll break down the project into multiple small, achievable processes that guarantee you’ll build a masterpiece.
Some of the skills learned in the Newport Corner Chair class are:
- Making sculpted parts that are joined
- Piercing and carving back splats
- Carving matching ball and claw feet
Materials and hardware are not included in the class fee. Lumber for this project may be purchased through me or on your own and shipped to our shop at least four weeks prior to the class.
Each student should supply his, or her, own:
- Safety glasses and hearing protection
- Combination or machinist square
- Bevel gauge
- Bench chisels
- Carvers mallet
- Dovetail saw
- Marking gauge
- Smooth plane or jack plane
- Block plane
- Tape measure or folding rule. If you do not have the tools on the list, don’t panic, there are plenty of tools for your use in class.
- June 19 – 23, 2023
The shop opens at 8:30 am. Class begins at 9:00 am. A delicious lunch, snacks, and soft drinks are provided. Class ends at 4:30 pm – the shop remains open until 5:30 pm.
The class is limited to a maximum of 4 students.
Call or email to be placed on the waiting list if this class sells out.
There are no reviews yet.